View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertony View Post
I'm a bit confused. Rounding say $300 for an e-reader verses $30 for a hardback. That's only 10 books to cover the cost of an e-reader. Or $10 for paperbacks which is only 30 books. Less than a years worth of reading before it's paid off. Of course I didn't factor in the free and $2-5 books that you can get for the e-reader. Plus highly portable library of books and the neat factor.
Your numbers would be off for those of us who can't afford to buy new books on a regular basis. I mostly read library books, buy second-hand and borrow from friends.

Plus, I think you forgot to add the cost of the actual ebooks (and not just the ones in the $2-$5 range) (assuming the owner of said device buys some ebooks).
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote