View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #2
sourcejedi
Groupie
sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
I suspect the market will have to grow a lot before there's room for real budget e-readers. Both in terms of volume, and maturity. I suspect it'll take proprtionally longer than it did for MP3 players, because they're more of a niche product, and they're a bit harder to get right.

E.g. there are many defects in new e-readers - would you trust a really cheap one right now? Like my Hanvon (£120) - the original firmware was far inferior to Open Inkpot.

I guess you're not asking for much - only a $50 reduction on the Sony reader. So maybe you'll get lucky if you look out for sales etc.

ETA: Oops, should have said. The obvious cheapest atm is the $150 Sony reader. There may be less well known ones though.

Last edited by sourcejedi; 06-19-2010 at 05:14 AM.
sourcejedi is offline   Reply With Quote