View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #15
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I have a problem with most old American Radio shows, in that what you find is mostly over-compressed Mp-3's that sound like they were recorded on Edison's original cylinder machine.
Some of the really old radio shows sound pitiful, but of course that's more a result of the limited technology of the days in which they were recorded than it is of the current (yes, limited) MP3 technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
As to comedy shows, you might try Bergen and McCarthy. Edgar Bergen got away with lots that would have been censored at the time. Downright modern....
Thanks. I've heard some of the Bergen and McCarthy shows, but none of the really racy stuff I heard rumors about, such as the shows with Mae West that led to ultimate ban from radio.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote