View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 07:08 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford-eBooks View Post
Sorry... this is going to be a cathartic rant, and I know there's no answer but here goes.

After trying again to get a nice, consistent way to put full-page images with captions (no, way embedded text on the image.. spit), I dabbled with the wonder of SVGs.
Lovely, works a treat in ePub, looks great on the new Kindle Previewer #3 works. Great, all happy. Read a little more because I was having trouble getting non full-height SVGs to work and say the line in the Kindle guidelines that enhanced formatting and iOS apps don't support SVGs.

{deep breath} Okay then... so WHY? WHY can't the iOS app support something that 's been in the rest of the Kindle range for YEARS?

There's GOT to be a good reason for this... but I just can't see one.

Are they TRYING to mess with us? SVGs would be a GODSEND and can help make lovely looking content, but not supporting on one platform cripples the rest.

... or am I wrong? Someone PLEASE tell me that I'm wrong or today has just been a caffiene induced hallucinaton?

(Oh, and no gradients either????? Really????)
Are you remembering to test the AZK, not the mobi?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote