View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #181
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
It is to laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Err. yeah. The code is up for this one Andy.

Can easily take a poke around.
Bob, you don't know how funny you are. Just cause I hang out here, doesn't mean I understand 1/4 of what I read. That's half the fun of it. (I don't know what the other half is)

svn checkout http://kindle-explorer.googlecode.com/svn/ kindle-explorer-read-only

'svn' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

(sigh) Whatever happened to, "Bad command or file name."

actually, I'm not surprised that I don't have subversion installed, since we use TortoriseSVN. I thought maybe SVN was... maybe it is out there someplace, not in the path.

Anyway, I poked hfpop's source.
  1. CPP, that's C++, right?
  2. #define EDITOR "/mnt/us/extensions/leafpad/bin/leafpad" That's the line I want to change... I think that's called a macro, right? although it looks kinda like a constant...
  3. and then, you want me to compile it on an OS I know next to nothing about, in an environment I know even less about, using all kinds of mystical, magical libraries...
  4. If it'd been in TurboPascal 4.x I might have had a chance. If it'd been in FORTRAN, I might have had a chance. VB5 or VBA, a little shakier, but possible. COBOL... you're out on shaky ground. Any of this OOPs stuff, forget it.
  5. I was able to compile Wolfenstein once I found the correct version of TurboPascal, I was able to compile PrBoom with MFC 5, but only about 1/4 of my changes did what I wanted, I was able to get a clean compile on my Doom editor, whatever it was, but NONE of my changes worked there...
Consider the code poked, but I might like to take a look at the original code for 1.5 if you can tell me where (and how) to get it.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote