View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
At the price point you are looking at a good quality device at 10 inch is out of the question. Even at 7 inches the best device in terms of hardware would be Nexus 7, Kindle HD or Nook HD they all are a bit more than your budget.
Nook HD and Kindle HD are locked in to the respective stores so are a bit restricted compared to Nexus which has the pure android experience but lacks an sd card slot. My advice if you really want to try an android device is to get a nexus 7 8gb used of ebay you should be able to get it anywhere between $50-100 but its a google based device so would give you the full or real android experience.
Thanks, Dopedangel. You are confirming what I was suspecting as I was working on my requirements list. Unless someone has a suggestion for a really 'killer" cheap tablet. I will look for a Nexus on the internet. Unless I get a super fantastic price I am unlikely to get a Kindle as I don't want to be locked in to a single vendor. (I'm assuming you can't use other ebook readers or ePub books on their devices)

B&N and I parted ways philosophically when the first Nook was released, and I foolishly bought a book from them and tried to read it on my first Sony ebook reader. Haven't used them since for anything.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote