Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #40
Tzar
World War II buff
Tzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As a fellow Canadian, you should be more accepting of various date formats considering that a mix of DD/MM/YYYY and MM/DD/YYYY is commonly seen. As near I as recall, the Canadian English standard is DD/MM/YYYY and the Canadian French standard is YYYY-MM-DD but when in bed with an elephant...

Regards,
David
You're right. As Canada is close to the U.S., being in bed with the elephant does apply The MM/DD/YY is quite frequent indeed in Canada.

In itself, the MM/DD/YY is not a problem when you are looking at a date past the 12th of the month. Looking at something like 05/23/13 makes you almost instantly realize that this date is in American format as we don't have 23 months....But when faced with 05/01/13, it becomes fuzzy: is this May 1st or January 5th

(I understand that it's a mistake not to list 4 digits for the year in international notation, but maddeningly, some people do use only 2 digits for this purpose, making the whole thing even more confusing!)

As I said, it's far from being a showstopper, but I can understand why some people are annoyed that something that basic in terms of user-design "best practices" was not considered.

Last edited by Tzar; 02-19-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Tzar is offline   Reply With Quote