View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #25
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Before Sony decided to support EPUB via DE, I'd have said there was at least a chance (though a small one) that Sony might decide to switch completely to Mobipocket rather than their own proprietary format. Mobi might have gone along with that, if allowed to do so by Amazon (rather doubtful, but possible). Now... I doubt Mobi would do it.

And I suspect that the ebook reader vendors who've gone with Mobipocket have had to sign contracts saying they won't license another competing DRM scheme for their devices. Which strikes me as a practice that ought to be illegal, but MS has been getting away with it for years.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote