View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
razorsoup
Enthusiast
razorsoup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
what I'm not 100% certain about is the auto-reboot thing, which your plugin makes use of. If you hear K4 users complaining about their Kindle not 'restarting' automatically on unplug (which means the user would have to restart their Kindle manually in order to see the new screensavers), send them my way ].
I have a K4 with both the screensaver and font hacks installed. If I create an empty reboot file in the "linkfonts" folder it usually reboots the Kindle after unplugging the USB cable. What I've found is that I have to eject it from Windows first, then unplug the cable for the reboot to work. If I just unplug it without ejecting from windows, the reboot doesn't happen. If this is the intended behavior then it seems to be working properly. If this isn't the intended behavior, then it at least encourages best practices by forcing me to eject from Windows first.

Putting the empty reboot file in the "linkss" folder doesn't seem to work no matter what I do. So, since this plugin places that file in the "linkss" folder, my Kindle doesn't automatically reboot when I unplug it.
razorsoup is offline   Reply With Quote