View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
GozerTC
GozerTC began at the beginning.

Device: Macbook Pro 15"
Looking for a Dedicated eReader

Hey guys,

I know I know, ANOTHER thread looking for help choosing. Sorry, but I prefer to bow to the experts whenever possible.

So here's the features I need:

1. Be able to read in the dark. eInk is cool, but I'm not spending $200+ on something I can't read in the dark. If I wanted book lights I'd read normal books.

2. Be able to read PDF's. I read everything from RPG manuals to webcomic PDF's and of course regular books.

3. Be Mac friendly. My current "reader" is my Macbook Pro. I can go through the trouble of converting pretty much any format (I can dual boot so I have windows too) so if the reader can just hook up and act as a HD that'd be great. (Or just read SD cards simply or what have you)

That's pretty much it. If there's an eInk reader with a light that'd be cool, but until then I'm perfectly fine with backlit LCD's. Oh, and I'm not really a PDA user. Sure if there's a cheapie PDA that fits the bill I might get it, but I've had a PDA before but I never really used it. Anything a PDA does I do with my phone or Laptop so it'd be superferlous.

Thanks in Advance!
GozerTC is offline   Reply With Quote