View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #25
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
EDIT:
Another possible way to get your faster page turns would be to have the system pre-parse and format the next page immediately after displaying the current page and then go to sleep. That way, when the page turn button is pushed most of the work is already done. That does take up a big chunk of extra memory, so it may not actually be feasible.
Dave, this is the suggestion that I left on the Jinke support site about a week ago. I'm not sure if Jinke developers ever took a look at it. I had a response from someone saying that Jinke was planning a release to speed up the page turns very soon -- and they did.

However, I don't know if he ever passed along the idea about pre-loading the next page.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote