View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #68
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackr View Post
Amazing work! Solved a number of things on my to do list .
Glad you like it.

Quote:
I don't know if the actual site adapter is the problem, but fimfiction.net doesn't split "My Little Pony" off into Category and the genre tags off into the Genre section.
I didn't write the fimfiction.net adapter myself, but that should be easy to fix.
Quote:
And pardon me if this is a noob question , but can the progress windows be placed inside the jobs section instead? I have a large list of fanfics now that I regularly check for updates, and I can't go off and do something else in Calibre until the metadata downloading is finished.
Metadata download runs in the foreground so it can stop and ask for user/pass if needed and check the existing book vs the site. I'll think about it, but I don't see that changing.

IMO, you should use the email notifications from the sites to inform you when your stories are updated. Using this to poll them all everyday seems rather wasteful to me and inflates the stories' hit counts.

Jim