View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukin View Post
Same problem. Did the uninstall, deleted Program Files\Calibre2 and installed 0.8.4. When I try and install the Goodreads Metadata plugin I get the same exception. Tried the Goodreads Covers plugin and I get the exception with that too. I had not installed any Goodreads plugins before so there's no 'oldies' laying around. I miss having series metadata automatically provided so I'd love to find a solution. Thanks for your help guys.
It sounds like you are installing the wrong versions of the plugins. The plugins you mention above were designed for Calibre prior to 0.8. In Calibre 0.8 the API changed and so a new plugin had to be written which encompasses both retrieving metadata and covers. It is called "Goodreads", and you can find it here.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote