View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 10:39 PM   #49
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Firmware series 6.x.y IS Android.

Two points, that if I where making the product change decision:
1) Amazon/Linux is much more secure than Google/Linux (Android) - everybody alive can root Android
2) Only the newest Oasis has the hardware resources to run Android in a reasonable manner.
(The Chinese Android for the Paperwhite and others is only "bragging rights" - not really practical)

With J. Bezo's strong feelings against after-market add-ins and being able to keep control of their e-book readers, I would say that (1) would be the decision point to not change to the less secure system.

I guess, what we have found in this thread that Mr.Samuel posted is that Amazon has an official Android build for the Kindle basic touch ( Kindle Migu in China ). They call it 5.7.2.1 in that market.

https://www.amazon.cn/gp/help/custom...deId=202167860

I'm wondering why amazon built that android version only for china market, and would not port it to the rest of the works in everything newer.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote