View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #30
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
You should not feel bad about it. Amazon is still a business making a profit, so it is unlikely that Kobo is actually losing money from matching them. It it is, then it needs to look closely at its costs including its overheads and the prices it is paying for the books concerned, or, for agency titles, the "commission" it is receiving on the sales.
I don't feel bad about price matching in general, just when I know the book was on sale at Kobo for the same price as at Amazon, and then because Kobo raises the price 3-4 hours before Amazon does, I get an extra 10% off the sale price. When the book price is set by the publisher and it's only on sale at Amazon, I'm mad at the publisher for making an exclusive sale at their hated enemy Amazon, and/or mad at Kobo for not participating in the sale. I'm not sure why these sales seem to only happen at Amazon, but I think it's scummy, and is another reason why I try to buy my books elsewhere if possible.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote