View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 05:51 AM   #14
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Borders in Australia I am sure is the most expensive bookshop on the planet.
I'm not sure about that, I've bought some reasonably priced books from them, mostly non-fiction photography books that were around the same price as other shops I'd seen.

As for their readers, yes, quite possibly the most expensive place to buy them on the planet.

While I was searching for my first reader it popped into my head that maybe my local Borders/Angus & Robertson/Collins/Dymocks (you get the picture) might have a couple in stock so I could see what they looked like. I'd never seen an ereader before. Most places I called had no idea what I was talking about, so I looked at their websites instead. Imagine my surprise when I saw Borders prices for the readers I've mentioned above.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and here I am with a brand new Pocketbook 360 direct from the US. I'm sick of paying through the nose for the same products I can get MUCH cheaper overseas, including shipping.

I hope that this deal does go through, and I hope that they keep their prices competitive and in line with those of other countries. I also hope that geographic restrictions let up, but that could be a pipe dream.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote