Thread: Seriousness Debit Cards vs Credit Cards
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Where is the difference between "lossing money from a bank account" and "having to pay said money to the credit card company"?
All credit cards have fraud protection. You have zero $ liability. Also, if your credit card # is used without your knowledge money isn't coming out our your checking account.

Granted, I think debit cards are protected from fraud too. However, that money comes out our your checking account right away. So, other checks or charges could bounce.

Granted, this won't happen to me. I have overdraft protection on my checking account tied to my credit card account. But, not everyone has that.

So, yes there is a difference. I also prefer the credit card route due to the cash back, extra warranty and other advantages. It is just paid off automatically from my checking account each month anyway. So, pretty much the same as a debit card, yet there is 1 month debit.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote