View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #322
Fallen33
Fallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The plugin is mainly about improving the communication between calibre and the Kobo devices. As such, a lot of options only work when you have a book in the calibre library that matches a book on the device. The cover upload is one of them. But, you can achieve what you want.

If the calibre library has a copy of a book that is already on the device, it will match them together. It doesn't matter what format they are. What I do is to download the epub version of books I bought from Kobo and add these to calibre. At the next connection, calibre will see this and show the book as on the device. Then, functions such as the uploading covers will work.

If you don't want to add the book file to calibre, you can add it as an empty book. This will just record the book and its metadata in the library. To do this, right-click the add books button and select "Add empty book". You will be prompted for the number of books, the author and the series. When you press OK, you will have a book entry and you can set the title.
DUDE, perfect. Thank you, this is exactly what I need. I usually have access to my full Calibre library but I don't right now. I will use this when I get home. THANKS!
Fallen33 is offline   Reply With Quote