View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I used to have hard contacts for over 20 years and then my eyes didn't take them anymore. So I am still trying to get used to glasses after 2 years. They tried trifocals on me and it was a disaster. The bottom area was so tiny I could barely line up a line of text on my kindle to read. And then the medium was too small to see any part of the computer screen right.
When I still had contacts I would basically just read with reading glasses over my contacts.

So no I have bifocals and I ordered those from the zenni place since the local place refused to change the reading number from what the doctor prescribed. They make them really close and I can't read holding my kindle that close to my face. So I just took off a step on the prescription on the reading part and order it like that. I also use a separate pair for computer by adding a medium number to my prescription. For me every few inches I need a different number.

I have gotten used to the bifocals and reading, but next time I'll get some glasses that have a more squarish bottom so that the reading part has more area. Right now the kindle screen does not quite fit into the field of view all the way. It does mostly though.

Size I like 4 out of 8 on my kindle. Mass market paperbacks are just a tad to small for me now as far as font goes. Trade paper I can do, but I prefer my kindle as I can glide over the text better. When you have to line up your bifocals its just much easier to have a flat surface to look at I think rather than the curves of a paperback.

Aging is not for sissies I always say. Eyes just keep going downhill. Mostly the near stuff. I have had glasses since I was 2 and I am farsighted with astigmatism. So once I hit my late 30's, I started to wear reading glasses over my contacts because I read so much. Now all that has to be packed into glasses. I basically don't have much of near distance left, anything before the TV that is. And close enough I use my reading part on the bifocals.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote