View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #19
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Thanks for the package. I've installed it under the latest Debian Testing, running XFCE. I already had QT installed, because I use a QT-based application called Frescobaldi. (It's a front-end / editor for the LaTeX-like sheet music typesetter Lilypond.)

I've been trying to switch to Linux for a long time (as I prefer Unix-type OS-es), but always returned to Windows because a few applications that were not available and had no alternative, or because I had some hardware which was unsupported in Linux. Adobe recently gave me another incentive by switching to subscription services only, something which I refulse to use under any circumstances.

All applications I use are available on Linux (or there usable alternatives) nowadays, apart from Adobe ADE and my games. I've installed Debian into VirtualBox to see how it works out. If all is well, I may (might...) eventually switch to Linux for daily usage, and keep Windows 7 / 8 / Next for gaming and ADE / Calibre de-DRM-ing. (It seems ADE 2.0 does not run in Wine anymore, as ADE 1.7.x did.)

Thanks again. I was surprised to see that Sigil is not in the Debian repositories.

PS: I don't want to switch to Linux because I hate Microsoft, or Windows. As said, I just prefer Unix-type OS-es, especially when using or needing a command line. (Long live Cygwin...) Still, Windows NT4 up to Windows 7 have worked great for me, for the last 15 years. However, I really detest the direction Microsoft took with Windows 8.

Last edited by Katsunami; 06-14-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote