View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #30
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Stupid question: Did you link against libasound statically or dynamically? In any case, which version of libasound did you build against?

Try to build (dynamically) against the same version as the one shipped on your target, the ALSA API/ABI can be tricky sometimes...

EDIT: The 'official' toolchain used on the Touch is (apparently) a specific CodeSourcery TC (can't remember the exact version right now). I'm personally using a self-built TC with a more recent GCC version using crosstool-ng, but, depending on what you want to do, that might not be the easiest solution, or the right one at all [ie. if you want to build a kernel/kernel module, you'll probably have to use the exact same TC as Amazon] .
The "series 4" GCC puts its identification into the binaries it builds.
If someone has access to Kindle Touch binaries (something unstripped or maybe better a *.so) and does a bit of symbol listing (its in an extra or info block of symbols), then it should be easy to id the compiler version (4.2.4 is my guess - but that is a guess).

Then, we should be able to pick out which toolchain it was from this list:
http://www.mentor.com/embedded-softw.../lite-edition/
Just follow the (ARM) "gnu/linux" link (the glibc toolchain), put in your name and there will be a list of both the CS and the MG toolchains.
Make your first guess by picking something with a reasonable release date.

Note: The "advanced archives" are just tar-balls, no installer, but those can be redistributed. (and I can post a copy on my server for folks).
It is only the "self installer" archives that are limited re-distribution (the installer is CS/MG I.P.).

Last edited by knc1; 06-03-2012 at 01:30 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote