View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Batch fix old Mobi files for Kindle for Android?

Since it looks like Amazon is never going to fix the bug they introduced into Kindle Reader for Android (when the pointless PDF support was added) where the old format Mobipocket books open at position -1 of 1 and can't be read...

I'm looking for a quick way to fix all the old Mobi books I have so the app will work with them.

It's been 4 or 5 updates to Kindle for Android since Amazon broke this, many people have been complaining about it to Amazon and apparently they don't give a bleep. Personally, I think they did it to mess with Baen, since that publisher has been slow to re-do their back catalog into the newer Mobi format.

For example, this book http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/0...sk_Station.prc doesn't work since PDF support was added.

The latest release claims "reduced size" but the download is 8.2 megabytes.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote