View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek R View Post
I think what led my to trying unordered lists was that I have had terrible trouble finding a common solution for formatting poetry in both epub and .mobi/.prc for use on Kindle.
That's a different bugger altogether. One to which there is no common solution... that I know of.

In MOBI, you can't have a hanging indent on text that already has a left-margin. That's because anything with a left-margin is converted to a blockquote element in a mobi. Right-margins are ignored.

But you've given me something additional to at least attempt on the mobi side of things... for that I thank you.
I'd pretty much resigned myself to the fact that lines of indented poetry that wrap in a mobi wouldn't ever have a hanging indent—that users couldn't break by changing settings, that is.

But strictly speaking on the ePub side of things... I agree with pdurrant and Jellby. Don't reinvent the wheel.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-13-2012 at 01:03 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote