View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #15
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by WzeroMN View Post
I got it done. The secret seemed to be to include everything on the card the first time including the apps. Maybe it was just a retry.
That is not necessary. The Google apps can be added at any time. Since Wi-Fi should be properly configured before the Google apps are installed they really should not be installed during CM7 initial install.
Quote:
In any case it is totally useless in my opinion. Downloads are incredibly slow. Respone is not good on screens.
That is extremely strange, since CM7 is very fast and the newer versions have graphics acceleration enabled. The stable release, update-cm-7.0.0-encore-signed.zip, is a real pleasure to use. Did you install CM7 on an SD card of a decent speed class, or just a cheap department store SD card? Even with class 4 cards, I have not seen CM7 to be anywhere near as slow as you describe.
Quote:
Maybe internal memory would be better but I am not going to take that route.
It is not necessary to install on internal memory to get good performance, it is just more convenient IMHO.

Quote:
. For now I will just read Kindle on my HTC EVO. Response is at leastr 50 times faster than the Nook.
CM7 on the Nook seems to run at roughly the same speed as Froyo on my HTC Desire, but the Market downloads are definitely faster with CM7 on the Nook.
A 50 to 1 difference in performance obviously indicates something seriously wrong with your CM7 install, since the difference in hardware performance is likely to be very much less than 2 to 1.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote