View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 03:16 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekoby View Post
I'm guessing that I really have to pay attention to that, because I was having trouble even keeping the book I was experimenting with in the original Calibre (desk top). I loaded it & fixed the meta data on it a couple of mornings ago and put it on my Kindle - but when I opened Calibre tonight, it wasn't there (though the file is in the Calibre library).
I forgot that last bit, before you shutdown your machine make sure you exit out of calibre and give Dropbox enough time to sync the metedata.db file up to the Dropbox. Calibre locks that file and that is where all of your metadata is written to. It is possible to exit calibre and shutdown the computer before Dropbox has a chance to update the file.

I have been using one of Dropbox's experimental builds version 0.8.91 and it seems to update the metadata.db file every time it changes even if it is use.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote