View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 06:08 PM   #9
aranpura
aranpura began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T3
Who knew we had so many map lovers?!

Sorry about the link cloaking, I'm trying to work out a better system that will keep me relatively independent of .Mac in case I decide not to fork out the subscription fees...

Those who provided the direct link are correct; it will work better in iSilo, Plucker, etc. Once again, that link is:

http://homepage.mac.com/aranpura/atlas/palmIndex.html

Regarding the comments on grouping the maps by region (and grouping the United States map into one category), I may take the time to do this soon. This was a quick and dirty strip-down of the MapQuest index page, which itself isn't organized... now that I know people are interested, I don't mind investing some time in cleaning it up.

Oh, and the little thumbnail "context maps" are as legible on my T3 as they are on my 20" Cinema Display -- just barely big enough to be useful in both cases. In the case of many of the island nations, though, even a tiny, fuzzy picture of global context helps me figure out what part of the Earth I'm looking at. I'll see how much space I can save by getting rid of them, though.

And finally, for hermann4711 and others who are having problems in iSilo... make sure that your link depth is set to 1 and that you've enabled the "follow off-site links" option. I'm guessing your snag is the latter.

What a thrill that this has proven useful!