View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #101
BizMarkUK
BizMarkUK began at the beginning.

Device: Xperia X10
You know, for the past year or two I've tried in vain to find out what's been slowing my PC down more and more as time goes on. I was starting to think memory chips were failing, or my HDDs were failing. Or maybe that McAfee SecurityCenter was working overtime.

After many times of looking in the Task Manager to check the usual culprits, things like mcshield.exe would only report high CPU hog-rates at sporadic intervals. Same with everything else.

Whilst getting a "low on virtual memory" report for the hundredth time in a month, with hardly anything running, and checking on Task Manager today, I noticed this pesky WISPTIS.EXE showing "00" in the CPU% column, but always hovering one or two items above the tasks showing an actual number.

At first I did a search on the net just to see what it was (in case it was spyware), not because I thought it was hogging resources. After finding this thread, I thought perhaps this might have been the cause of my sluggish performance after all.

I ran the "unreg.cmd" file and, although I haven't checked to see if it will get reinstalled by anything, I noticed an IMMEDIATE improvement. Whilst the unreg was happening, my HDD was accessing like crazy, like it has done for so long for apparently no reason. After running it, no more, and everything is responding like lightning.

So at first glance it would appear this process is indeed very destructive to a Windows PC's performance. I just hope it stays this way!

Thanks to the guys who found out how to get rid of this crud.
BizMarkUK is offline   Reply With Quote