View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #22
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
I ask because Kobo support told me that firmware updates would just happen 'the next time you plug your device in' - so it would seem they could deliver it without your knowing.
I think they mean next time you plug in your Kobo, it would detect the firmware version it's running and check this against the 'Live' version and show you some update wizard or whatnot (like Calibre does). I sincerely hope they don't just push out the firmware update without any prompts like you mentioned. To me, that's akin to what Amazon did with their '1984' fiasco, I would have a conniption fit. What gives Kobo the right to reprogram MY device without even warning or asking me!??

Quote:
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any changes to their Kobo in the last week or so.
I don't think so. You can check your firmware version in the menu under settings. Currently on my Kobo it is version 1.0(March 29 2010) rev58, which is the same as on the day I purchased it.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote