Thread: The Freeloaders
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
What I find troubleing is that there is a fear of publishing in a cheaper format as a
use of the free market "mass marketing" concept. There is a price point where they
can make more money from a low cost, low price, mass sales approach than from
marketing and pricing for low volume and scarce supply relative to a demand.

Of course it only makes matters worse when they add in the costs of measures that
attempt to counter the inevitable breaking of their artificial limitation of the supply.

I believe that they could easily provide e-books at a volume and cost to price that
would make for a decent profit to all involuved. A good enough e-book for $5 and a
great/high demand e-book for $10, would mean a much greater volume of sales and
very little profit for any pirates. Most would gladly pay such prices and never look to
any of the questionable sources.

My 2 cents worth.

Luck;
Ken