View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Though I use Calibre to convert files, I (being an old DOS addict) use Window's Explorer and drag and drop my files into the folders I want.

I have first level folders for my favorite authors, last name only (or use a character between names as folders need to NOT have a space in them or the bookmarks don't work. i.e., if the folder name has a space, the bookmarks do not stay) e.g.: use-> Smith_Mary not Smith, Mary
I have a few second layer folders for different catgories, such as:

Smith_Mary
==>Audio files

I also have three first level folders for "Classics", "Favorites", and "Miscellaneous"

So my main folder listing is:

"Recent Files" (system generated)
"I C E" ~In Case of Emergency. I have my info in a file
"Digital Editions" (system generated)
Author_1
Author_2
Author_3
"Restore_PC" (systm generated)
"Classics"
"Favorites"
"Miscellaneous"

I let the different formats "fall where they may" in the folders, since the icon shows which type of format the book is in.

Be warned, RobertB explained about LIT files, but people, me included, have problems with PRC files. I convert all mine to either PDF or Epubs. These work great.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote