View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
sigmax
Connoisseur
sigmax has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SONY PRS-300
SONY FAULTY SCREENS ... PICTURES!

Hi there....

Been at the beach this weekend. It was a rather cold, windy, cloudy (it poured rain at a time in a scary way) but we managed to do some beach reading.

I am showing you three pictures. You can see the actual rather cloudy day. Then You can see the sony prs-300 behaving as I told at the beginning of this post. I also posted a picture of myself just for you to depict the clothing (rather cold day) so this rules out heat, and even direct sun.

I must remind you that SONY says in their website that the device is good for reading EVEN IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT ..... NOT! heheh. Well I am quite pissed off. Not nice at all to have paid EXTRA bucks (Compared with other similar readers) just for "quality" (certainly the sony has LESS functionality) only to find that the reader is useless OUTDOORS!!!

This is why, coupled with the other complaints on even older SONY models, that I am pushing the motion to keep this post (or similar) sticky for current buyers to beware of the faulty screens on SONY products. Heck! I am even considering buying a web domain (like einksucks.com or sonyreadersucks.com and placing all the relevant information in there too, so other people wont throw away their money on these faulty products.

Regards,

Enrique.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	windycloudycold.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	40833   Click image for larger version

Name:	textlineserase.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	40834   Click image for larger version

Name:	myself.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	40835  

Last edited by sigmax; 12-06-2009 at 08:53 PM.
sigmax is offline   Reply With Quote