View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I think I am using http://www.ext2fsd.com/ for reading and writing ext2/3... I am not sure, since I am not at my PC now.
No, eliminating KoboRoot.tgz. is not the solution. You need to replace rcS by the original file.
If you do not have too many unsaved annotations, a factory reset might be the easiest way.

Edit: you can also extract the kbmenu folder from my KoboRoot.tgz file and copy it to .kobo. Then select install update from the menu (provided you have still the original KoboRoot.tgz on the reader).

Edit 2: If it is about the annotations: Since you have reading access to the SD, you could just copy the KoboReader.sqlite, and then make a factory reset.
thanks Tshering, the problem is that I cannot do a factory reset from the machine, as it is not responsive. I will try your other method, thank you.

Thank you Peter, I completely forgot that I have another very old machine with ubuntu on, if that has a card reader, it may be the solution.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote