View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #35
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by whenster View Post
@DiapDealer
Can you post the code you used to debug the error to the libQt5Webkit ?
I just did "gdb sigil" and then "run", (with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH already correctly set) to reveal an illegal instruction in libQt5WebKit.so.5 I'd have to build a debug version of Qt5 to do any in-depth debugging of any kind.

Quote:
The Qt5 source can be installed from the offline.run file. I'm wondering whether the Qt5Webkit can be configured with SSE2 disabled.

This is a learning curve for me.
I don't think Qt5WebKit can even be built without SSE2, is what I'm trying to say. I haven't come across any documentation that explicitly states that to be so, but I'm beginning to believe it. If you use normal, vanilla options to configure Qt5's source, the use of SSE2|3|4.1|4.2 specific code will be turned on be default and Qt5WebKit will be configured to build--along with the rest of Qt5. If you use any of the configuration options to disable SSE2|3|4.1|4.2, then Qt5Webkit doesn't get configured, and doesn't get built with the other Qt5 libraries.

Perhaps (just perhaps) it would be possible to patch Qt5WebKit's source (similarly to how the xerces source was patched) to get Qt5WebKit to build without any SSE2 instructions, but that would be miles above my pay-grade.

I think Sigil 0.7.x represents a line in the sand that your hardware is simply not going to be able to cross.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote