View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #24
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
[QUOTE=JSWolf;2487986]It does suck big time that Apple has not put iOS 6 on the iPad 1. What they've done is cause a split of iBooks where it works differently. People with an iPad 1 are going to buy an eBook and it will look like shite because it was coded and looked at for an iOS 6 iPad. If it has to be ugly code to work, so be it. Blame Apple for that. But don't be surprised if some future update breaks your ugly code. It would be so much easier if Apple could allow eBooks to be sold based on the version of iOS so if it's working with iBooks on iOS 6 and not iOS 5, those with an iPad 1 won't be able to buy it.</quote>

No, mon sweetie, it's not the code that's ugly (well...maybe), it's that the result is not the sort of nice, smooth user experience I like. The images are ever-so-slightly out of top-alignment with the top line of the text...that type of nitpicky little thing. It drives me batshit.

Quote:
Have you tried direct ePub uploading to SW again to see if maybe it's been fixed?
I have not, but have now had...3-4(?) clients who have. It has also had the advent of some joy-suckage.

And I concur with you: if a book solely works on iOS6, (unless it's a fixed-format book which can be limited from being sold on iOS5 books), it should not be sold.

Thx,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote