View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #458
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post
Wow. Where did you find an audiobook version of The Witches of Karres? It has been one of my favorite books since the 1970s and I reread it every few years. Mostly I get audiobooks from audible or from the Fort Worth library and neither of them have it. Does it have a decent narrator?Duane
You're right, it wasn't a commercial copy. Since my ophthalmologist has ruled me legally blind (less than 20/200 in each eye due to macular degeneration), I'm eligible to get audiobooks from the Braille Library, which does its own recordings. They have a vast collection, though their sf selection isn't quite as vast as I'd like. (Witches is their only Schmitz title, for instance.) They've got tons of mysteries and romances. But they do have a lot of stuff that isn't on the market commercially. And it's free for those who qualify, which is a definite plus!
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote