View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
My guess is there's some confusion over the guide items that Kindlegen is having trouble resolving satisfactorily. I've never tried building a MOBI where the "toc" reference item and the "start" reference item pointed to the same html page (probably not an issue though). In addition, Kindlegen uses the "start" OR the "text" item to create the point that a book opens to when first being read. There's never any need to have both a "start" AND a "text" item in a MOBI source ePub. There can be only one start point, after all.

I would be tempted to get rid of the "<reference href="Text/author.xhtml" title="Text" type="text" />" line and see if that solves the problem. Either that, or I would create a one page frontmatter/title page that the "start/text" item (just one not both) pointed to that's then followed immediately by the TOC page that the "toc" reference item points to (in addition to removing the extraneous "text" entry).

Also note that Kindlegen doesn't recognize/use the "Cover" reference item (it will usually strip a cover xhtml page, in fact). So I'd shoot for a guide section that looks something like:
Code:
<guide>
  <reference href="Text/fmatter.xhtml" title="Start" type="start" />
  <reference href="Text/toc.xhtml" title="Table Of Contents" type="toc" />
</guide>

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-19-2012 at 02:11 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote