Old 04-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #7
GavinK151
Enthusiast
GavinK151 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle View Post
I've tried using mine for gaming, and found it lacking in a couple respects:

I have the PDF versions of the rulebooks, and they are too small to read on the reader screen. I guess the HTML versions of the D&D books might solve that problem... Now I just need Games Workshop to put all their Warhammer content in HTML ;-)

They're reference books, so when I want to look up the precise penalty to AC for charging, or something, I want to either be able to search for it or at least have an index that can be used quickly and easily. Perhaps with links in BBeB that second one will be possible, I'll have to try it out.

The refresh rate, especially when I'm jumping around looking for something, is actually a hindrance. It doesn't bother me when reading straight through, but for some reason when doing random access looking for a particular rule, it really seems too slow. The other players will usually find the rule much more quickly in their dead-tree books.
Old thread I know but anyway - I have an html version of the SRD docs that I converted to Mobipocket using mobipocket creator and on the PC it looks useable...

Anyway, real question: Has anyone tried using the Irex iliad for their Character sheet? I was thinking maybe it would work quite well for taking notes etc etc....

If so, is annotating a blank PDF character sheet the way to go? (cant test as I dont have an iliad!)

cheers!
GavinK151 is offline   Reply With Quote