View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
ThirtyBird
ThirtyBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ThirtyBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ThirtyBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoemaker View Post
Ken,

I downloaded Honeycomb yesterday and played with it on a 4gb microSD card and booted it up just because I wanted to see what it could do and how it looked. Even though it was a "test image" it ran well and the browser was very responsive. You might want to look at that as your ultimate OS or at least something to fool around with... it looks much more "tablet friendly" than many of the phone Froyo mods.

Once again, as above, I did go back to my Froyo card at the end of the day because I couldn't get the Android Marketplace loaded. But someone will do the hard thinking eventually....

Best, Don.
The instructions for getting the Market loaded are available, and they are a little above what the average end-user is willing to do, but that will change - it will probably be pre-loaded eventually.

I've got my NC running Honeycomb off the SD card (8 GB class 6), and it runs well - I have the market, Nook App, Angry Birds, Perfect Viewer (for comics), and several other apps. I run into the occasional Force Close dialog, and the wifi issues, but as I'm mostly reading side-loaded pdf's (btw, adobe's reader for Android 3.0 is much nicer than the NC's pdf reader), those items are only minor annoyances. When my wife wants to read a book, I power it off, pop out the SD card and pass it to her as a stock 1.1 Nook Color. Best of both worlds really.
ThirtyBird is offline   Reply With Quote