View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Restoring vision

I'm putting this here because I've read where several people have mentioned poor eyesight or family members with poor to no useful visual acuity.

I'm also putting this here because more people will see it than if I put it in the "Lounge".

Lastly, one article does mention the ability to read again, though limited, of one individual. So I figure I can get away with it.
================================================== =================

Implanted Retinal Chip Allows Blind People To See

"Founding Director of Retinal Implant AG, Dr. Eberhart Zrenner, said:
The results of this pilot study provide strong evidence that the visual functions of patients blinded by a hereditary retinal dystrophy can, in principle, be restored to a degree sufficient for use in daily life."

"Prof. Dr. Zrenner wrote:
The present study..presents proof-of-concept that such devices can restore useful vision in blind human subjects, even though the ultimate goal of broad clinical application will take time to develop."

Subretinal electronic chips allow blind patients to read letters and combine them to words.

"One of these patients was able to correctly describe and name objects like a fork or knife on a table, geometric patterns, different kinds of fruit and discern shades of grey with only 15 per cent contrast. Without a training period, the regained visual functions enabled him to localize and approach persons in a room freely and to read large letters as complete words after several years of blindness"

Not that I would like it, but I could lose my voice or hearing and be ok. I don't even want to think of losing my sight.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote