Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #473
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fohaba View Post
I'm a bit ashamed that my first post is for such a silly book, but here goes.

I read it only about six months ago, and have forgotten title, author, characters' names.

It is very similar to the Stephanie Plum books: silly characters, funny situations and dialog, a reluctant hero who in this case is a male detective (maybe semi-retired?). The particular one I read concerned the hero who was hired or coerced into finding and retrieving an ancient comedian from Las Vegas, where the old guy had gotten into some serious mob trouble. There was an older stripper-with-a-heart-of-gold character, who the old comedian had a fling with. I think the hero also had a love interest who was involved in the plot. I think the mob guys kidnapped one or two of the characters and held them for ransom out in the desert.

I think this guy wrote a series, ala Stephanie Plum. Any help? I promise my next post will be regarding more serious literature!

Thanks!

David
Don't think it is this, but it's as close as I can get - Get Shorty by Elmore Leonard.

It does ring some bells, though, so I'll keep thinking.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote