Thread: K2 getting slow
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I just tried it and here's what happens.

- you get a warning that all your books will be removed but you will be able to download them again.
- once it restarts, it has become a brand new *deregistered* Kindle
- I had to enter my Amazon email address and password to re-register my Kindle to my account
- on the home page are the latest user guide, the Oxford American dictionary (I have to re-download the Websters I've been using as my default, and the link to my archived items.

I have the screensaver hack installed and it is still listed on the settings page. But I get blank screens instead of my personal images. I'll have to reinstall it.

In conclusion, for your problem, try the slider reset first. If that doesn't work, then try the factory reset.

Edit: I just re-downloaded the book I had been reading and it opened where I left off (though I did have to change the font size from the default).
Wow, that is a surprise. Just one more reason I'll keep my K1 as long as possible.

Ruddell, before you try this, no matter what the battery indicator shows, give it a good two-hour charge and see if that possibly helps. Then, again before reset, I'd call customer service and see if they have some magic wand that will fix it easier than the factory reset. Good luck.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote