Thread: K2 getting slow
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddell View Post
what exactly does the factory reset do? will it format the drive? will it remove the screensaver hack or the font hack? Just wondering what I'm getting myself into.
I just tried it and here's what happens.

- you get a warning that all your books will be removed but you will be able to download them again.
- once it restarts, it has become a brand new *deregistered* Kindle
- I had to enter my Amazon email address and password to re-register my Kindle to my account
- on the home page are the latest user guide, the Oxford American dictionary (I have to re-download the Websters I've been using as my default, and the link to my archived items.

I have the screensaver hack installed and it is still listed on the settings page. But I get blank screens instead of my personal images. I'll have to reinstall it.

In conclusion, for your problem, try the slider reset first. If that doesn't work, then try the factory reset.

Edit: I just re-downloaded the book I had been reading and it opened where I left off (though I did have to change the font size from the default).

Last edited by daffy4u; 08-08-2009 at 10:54 AM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote