View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 11:33 AM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by increase View Post
I was trying to add nested footnotes which work in moonreader, but not in kindle previewer, so I have given up on that.

I am simply trying to have a chapter that is not cluttered with visible footnotes and have popups available throughout the narrative
I'm not sure what eReader you're using that "clutters" up the page with visible footnotes; I don't have any that do that. No Kindles, no Nooks, no iBooks' reader and none of the Droid readers that I occasionally try/use. Where are you seeing on-page footnotes, in the main narrative, that clutters up the page, please?

All the devices that I've used and tested do exactly what the Kindles do. You have the superscripted number at the footnote location. In older/less-advanced devices, the reader taps the note, jumps to the note, reads it, taps the return link which is the superscripted number AT the footnote itself, jumps back to his last location in the text.

In the more advanced devices, the footnotes popup.

That's it.

I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to do with "nested footnotes." So, as I don't really get what you're doing or why, with those, I can't proffer a solution.

I would lastly note, don't assume that everybody has javascript-enabled devices that can do this or that--they don't. The simple link to/link back works on EVERYTHING. The aside language in Kindle is rendered so that it's the link to/back in the older devices.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote