View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 03:49 PM   #29
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But if you buy a Kindle on eBay, you have a rather good chance of it being blacklisted. That means it can never be registered with Amazon and the chanecs are that it's been stolen. Do you really want to risk buying a stolen Kindle from eBay? If you are in the US, have a look at Woot for a used or refurbished Kindle.
I agree that a refurbished Kindle would be better. However, I bought a PW3 just after Christmas from ebay. The seller I used had a 30 day return policy, enough time for me to ascertain whether the kindle was blacklisted. It wasn't.

I looked into the details before buying, including discovering if I'd be paying the return postage. I would, but that's better than paying out 60 for a blacklisted device I can't return at all.

As it turned out, the Paperwhite is fine, with just some wear to the battery and scuffs on the bezel. The latter is covered by the type of cover I use: a Fintie Folio type which wraps over the bezel.

But your mileage may vary.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote