View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 10:25 PM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxall View Post
I just tried again - this time with Great Expectations - and the problem is gone, the two versions are identical.

So the issue regards just Standard Ebook's David Copperfield and my Kobo for some reason.

Like I said, enabling/disabling 'Hyphenate files' and 'Clean up ePub markup' options in KoboTouchExtended produce no differences in the conversion of David Copperfield to kepub.
Can I say something? Stop worrying about this. Pick a version and use it. The differences between them are pretty small. You will actually get more difference by changing the font size by one step. They probably already look nothing like any of the paper versions. Pick a version and use that. Calibre can convert to the others. Or, pick all of them and add them to calibre to do the sending.
Quote:
-EDIT-
Davidfor, how do you take screenshots from the Kobo?
Add to the following to the "Kobo eReader.conf" file on the device:

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true
If you already have a "FeatureSettings" section, add the other line there. If you are using Windows, make sure you use a Unix aware line-end editor (I recommend Notepad++).

To take a screenshot, press the power button. Unfortunately, the power button will no longer work to put the device to sleep or wake it. That's OK if you have a sleep cover. If not, you will want to remove the option, or change it to "false", later.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote