View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 06:24 PM   #66
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboyedi View Post
I have watched comparisons with the Kobo Libra in the meantime and the Libra uses infrared light instead of pulse LED (or whatever it's called) so there is no flickering going on at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboyedi View Post
another helpful video

https://youtu.be/uo3jvw5jpmQ?t=884

(Starts at 14:44)

I was going to ask what you meant by "the Libra uses infrared light". Then I watched the video. Her reference to IR is for the touch. It has nothing to do with the lighting. And she got it wrong. The Libra H2O uses a capacitive touch.

She is right in that the Libra H2O does not use PWM to control the light level. But, it's just a coincidence that she was right.

And I left the video on in the background while I wrote this. But, I had turn if off because it is terrible. The "highlight" was a terrible explanation of the progress bar and a suggestion to look for hacks to turn the header and footer display off. I've no idea why she thought suggesting that was better than using the options.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote