View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 03:59 PM   #23
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
That may be so but re-indexing happens nonetheless. Probably triggered from the books being moved then. I find it much more time efficient to periodically delete all of the books on the device and sideload a new set from Calibre (PC). Which often overlaps the old set and those books do re-index.

Even if they did not though, Kindle can only seem to index ~ 80 books an hour. So moving ~2,000+ books to Kindle is high theater. The processor will run in high gear for ~24 hours to index the new books. And that is if you tether it to a wall outlet all day. If you actual try to use the device on battery - which is the whole point, the indexing will run the battery flat within a day. Not very impressive.
For me, the global search option is worth it. And I have other ereaders I can use while one of my Kindles is indexing. Not a problem. Besides, I've never dumped 2000 books on a Kindle all at once. 500, yes. Even 1000, yes. So I'm done with 3-4 batches, usually.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote