View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 05:29 AM   #11
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by John2011 View Post
Now all I have to do is get Windows Update to work.
Good luck with that

I'm not au fait with Win 8.0 Widows Update, but if there's a checkbox for 'Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows' try unchecking it.

After the November 2016 updates a problem with Win 10 Pro 1511 WU appeared. If you have that box checked and you have mixed versions of Office installed - e.g Office 2010 Home & Student, and Office Outlook 2007, Windows Updates won't even be found let alone be downloaded and installed - WU spins its wheels looking for updates.

So far the only known fixes are uncheck the 'Give me updates... option, install Win 10 1607 (Anniversary Edition), or align the Office components to same versions. I'm hanging out for the January updates to see if its fixed, otherwise I'll bite the bullet and upgrade to 1607.

Could be that Win 8.x WU suffers similar problems.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-29-2016 at 08:43 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote