Thread: eBookwise 1150
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #2
Gatton
Zealot
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindles: KK, PW & Fire Nooks: Color & GlowLight, Libre Pro, eb1150
Hi genebear. Welcome to Mobileread!
I share your thoughts regarding the gap in titles offered on Ebookwise compared to Fictionwise. My own solution to this problem isn't exactly without it's problems but I do it because if I bought the ebook I believe I should be allowed to "format shift" it if necessary.

What I do is purchase and download the Microsoft Reader (LIT) version of a book when it's available. Then I use a program called ConvertLIT to explode it into html. Then I can take that file into GEBLibrarian and convert it for the Ebookwise. There's some info in this thread. Also you can do a search on this forum and/or Google for ConvertLIT.

I haven't purchased anything from Fictionwise in a few months so I'm assuming this still works. Again it's not a perfect solution but it's worked rather well for me and I've enjoyed reading books I got from Fictionwise on my Ebookwise. Hopefully the Ebookwise store will eventually catch up. But I wonder if the cost of converting so many books to this format isn't cost prohibitive considering the level of ebook sales.
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote