View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #31
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcounts View Post
My K3 3G/WIFI did not come with the Special Offers but Amazon is offering me the option of getting them for free.

For those who do have the special offers how is blocking them any different than blocking the popups on webpages with a popup blocker?

Both are designed as a revenue enhancer.

When Amazon offered the popups...sorry, the "Special Offers" for free it changed my mind on the question of removing them if a person wished.

don
I'll make this simple like I did in the other thread.

The Special Offers do not pop up. Full-screen ads only appear when the Kindle is 'off' replacing the older screen savers. The smaller version is a very small banner at the bottom of the home screen. Note what I said there, the bottom of the home screen.

The Special Offers do not show up while you're reading, and do NOT require effort to dismiss. I mean when your Kindle is 'off' you always have to turn it back on right? Well when you turn the Kindle back on the SO gets dismissed without any additional effort. They will only reappear again when you turn it back 'off' or when you're on the home screen.

So let me ask you this. Let's say you own a business selling cars, and you offer a customer a vehicle for 30% off IF they use a standard size license plate frame that has the name of your dealership on it. Let us then say the customer immediately after buying the car decides to take it home and remove that license plate frame.

You sold them that car under contract stating that they would receive the discount in exchange for leaving that license plate frame intact. They broke the contract. Do you want that type of customer buying your product?